Sunday, June 13, 2010

Riding with the King

As part of our  our ride today, we cruised along Route 53 in Pickens County, Georgia. We had Eric Clapton and BB King's "Riding with the King" jamming on the iPod. We stopped at a BP gas station for water and a break and found three friends standing in front, having a conversation. One looked vaguely familiar.

When I walked past, I nodded in their direction and said, "Gents", which prompted a nod and "Ma'am" in response.  That was quickly followed by a laugh by one about how he simply loved to hear a woman use the word gentlemen, and it was something he hadn't been called in quite a while.

When I came out of the store, I asked if they wouldn't mind letting me take their picture, and they gladly obliged. That led to a chat about our trip, and Gary telling us he'd just been in Tupelo, Mississippi for an Elvis impersonator contest.  Guess which one is Gary!!  The guys were great and gave us a shortcut to Route 5 and 515, which saved us considerable time.

So here you are guys!!  I hope you get to see this and show your friends!

Randy, I'll mail the picture to you when we get back to New Jersey, as promised!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment