Friday, June 4, 2010

Today's the Day!

It's here!  After months of preparation, we're ready to head out on our two week sojourn.

The bike is washed and waxed and I have successfully packed all my stuff into the equivalent of a laptop bag....okay.. maybe a bit bigger, but not much. (And for those of you who have traveled with me, and know what a bad packer I am, the secret is doing laundry every 4 days or so...)

I've been up since 5:15 am and feel like a kid on Christmas morning who's been told to go back to bed because it's still too early. Jason says that we're leaving at noon, but if I have my way, we're out of here by 10:30.

Our first stop, and it really is not much more than a stop, is Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. The battle was fought July 1-3, 1863 in and around the town, and rendered the greatest number of casualties, over 23,000 on both sides. We will have time to do some touring of the battlefield, but not enough to quench my thirst for all things historic. I have, however, been promised a long, 4 day weekend there later this summer. : )

It's a beautiful day, bright blue skies and we're getting ready to roll.

Talk to you from Gettysburg!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment