Monday, June 11, 2012

Ready to Ride


Day Four- Part II

A view from the back deck.... also known s the 13th fairway
We arrived in Toano a little after one this afternoon, the trip east on Route 64 alternating between drizzle, downpour and beautiful blue skies. Every time we come down here, when I see the first signs for Williamsburg, I feel like I’m home. There’s just something about being here in Virginia that makes everything seem better. My ancestry, on my father's side, can be traced to colonial Virginia and Maryland, and the families of Richard Huffington, William Coulbourne, Jonathan Cottingham and Randall Revell, but that's more a story for my other blog, Plymouth Brock.

There was a lot to do this afternoon – (junk) food shopping for my niece, repacking, making sure we had the right sunglasses, gloves and jackets, repacking again, charging laptops, Kindles and cameras, repacking one more time, and of course, washing and waxing the Harley.


We headed down to the Aberdeen Barn in Williamsburg to meet BJ, his fiancé, Jessica and her parents – mom Sherri and stepdad Mike, dad Shayne and stepmom Lori - for dinner. Even though I had spoken to Sherri on the phone, it was the first time we were meeting the new in-laws face to face. Dinner was pleasant and we shared a lot of laughs.  It was good to see my baby boy, although I should probably stop referring to him that way.

And now we’re buttoning up the last minute details – Jason’s checking the directions and the locations of the Harley dealers in Kitty Hawk, NC, Kaila’s settling in, and I’ve repacked for the last time (it has to be… Jason put my bag in the bike).  We’re planning a 9:00 am start, so I’ll probably be up at 5:00….

PS.  I haven’t told Jason that the Devils lost the Cup….

0 comments:

Post a Comment